Pagini

Saturday 21 January 2017

Weight Problem Detected - Week 1

As I said in a previous post, I realized that my extra kilograms won't miraculously disappear if I don't take action. And my extra it's more than a normal person would evaluate to be. We're not talking about 2-3 kilograms, not even 10.

I'm 1.56 m tall, and on the 2nd of January my weight was 74.5 kg. Translated, that means a BMI of 30.6, that equals with the hashtag of OBESE. 

I've never been skinny, but I remember feeling lighter, stronger, more confident in myself, happier. I used to enjoy listening to music while walking (I hate sports and I've never been running), to go to make pictures of monuments, places and people that inspired me, to dance, to wake up with the thought of getting ready, putting heels on and to go in town, even by myself, to get inspiration for a fresh day. 

I've lost weight before, about 2 years ago, when the scale showed 65 kg. I managed to get rid of 15 kg in 6 months with sport, healthier dishes, different lifestyle. When I came to the UK I maintained the weight, more or less for another 6 months. After that I started working more, eating late at night, after work, taking the car every time, instead of walking. Things got out of control, and the kilograms started increasing more quickly. The problem was, I thought, that there's nothing to do, as the weather is always giving me a bad attitude. 

Well, I better find motivation somewhere else than. 

In my first week I tried to walk when possible, instead of taking the car. So I went to meet Joe, the Health Trainer, walking till the surgery. I put my headphones on, played ACDC, Panic! At The Disco, Avril Lavigne, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, Nickelback, Fall Out Boys, all the artists that I love and my fiancee does not enjoy to listen to. I was surprised to realize I missed it! The walking, the music, the nature, the curiosity the I had for small things, the willing to take it the long way, instead of shortcuts. I was very proud of myself of taking the first step of changing my journey!

I can't keep up with gym schedule, so I do my workouts at home at the moment. Keaira LaShae, Emily Skye, Marshall Fitness crew and, my rock music with improvised zumba moves, have helped me to move my fat around the house. 

Joe have seen my meal diary and said that I need to change only small things, like sweets. Because I tried to avoid them as much as possible, but when I ate them, I ate a full box, he tried to explain that there is no need to stop them, as long as I have them spread in a week time, in smaller portions. So, we came out with the idea of making specific days of the week when I can eat chocolate, in small portions, though. 

My days are Monday and Friday. Now I'm gonna eat normally, only that I'm gonna wait patiently for Monday and Friday to come, to have my rewards. This way I'm gonna make sure I won't cross the line, as I can't be trusted in these matters.

I'm gonna tell you next week how it went!

Cherrios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment