Pagini

Thursday 27 November 2014

All roads lead to Rome

Hey, guys! It's late, really late, and I decided that it's the best time to write my new post! These days I tried to find the best way to put on paper (metaphorically speaking, paper), but I couldn't find anything to satisfy me, so I'll write how I will feel.

I've been to ROME!! I can't belive, not even now, a few days before, that I had the courage to start this trip all by myself, to go to find my lovely friends from Rome. It's a strange thing for me, because I usually am afraid to travel long trips alone, and I prefer to go to places that I already know. But, it's a start!

I took a lot of photos, but only a few are a little bit more suitable for this post.



 Domenico and Gaia have had the patience to guide me, to show me around, and first of all I want to thank them for all that have done for me, that they made me feel like they really enjoy the time spent with me. It was the best mini-trip ever!

We had a sandwich at IGEA (photo), and we headed to the subway. It was the first time for me on a subway. I can really say that it stinks!




The first attraction was the Colosseum! It's so hugeee! I really thought that is a little bit smaller, but it's impressive. We haven't had time to enter, but it's a great thing that I saw it! It's quite a big deal to build something like that on the first century after Christ!




The Roman Forum was the old center of the city where all the great things happened. Now it's an attraction for the tourists. Where all the decisions of the city and gladiators matches took place now it's left just some ruins that brings at Rome a lot of people interested in visiting. Let's just say that has the same importance as first.






 In Rome, like in all Italy, you can find a lot of great architectural structures, beautiful statues, a lot of people and a good mood. It's a nice place to have a memorable vacation. And the artists from the streets can entertain you entirely, because you can find anything you like: painters, dancers, fakirs, contortionists, actors, singers, mimes...




Il Vittoriano it's a relatively new construction, build for the first king of the unified Italy, Victor Emmanuel. Even if it's not a piece of the ancient history, it matches perfectly with the city: it has a lot of statues, columns, it's grandious.


Viale del Corso it's the boulevard of shopping paradise. You can find anything here. Zara has a shop on 5 flours!! But, most important, the buildings are extraordinary! I could walk there every morning, hoping that the tourists are sleaping then. Rome it's a great city, but not for living! You will see the photo of the Spanish Steps to understand!!


La Fontana di Trevi was like this!! I was dissapointed, but I threw a coin in the fountain, hoping that I will return someday to see it even with water!




The Pantheon is such a peaceful place, even though it was full of people. There were people praying, enjoying the beauty of the spot, and maybe that's why I was moved by this small chapel inside. The dome gives the natural light of the building, and its shape is made in such a way that it can't rain inside. The Pantheon was also build during the reign of Augustus. What's the secret of all the great ancient structures?





Piazza Navona was so crowded that I asked the guys if it's not a gret idea to have a caricature of us done. We couldn't enjoy the view, but we had such a great time. Samir, our caricaturist was so convincent, that we stopped from our crazy tour to relax, to laugh, and laugh again. And now we have a great souvenir!




Spanish Steps! So dissapointing! The photos that I've checked out on Pinterest before the trip was so cool, but there was so much people that I just can't cherish the moment. And it seems that all Rome is reconstracting now: the Colosseum, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain...

But, right next to the Piazza di Spagna I eate the best tiramisu of Rome and the best chocolate in the world. At Pompi you can find all kinds of tiramisu, with fruits, classic, and at Venchi, all kinds of chocolate. Yummy!










Vatican! Piazza San Pietro! It's just beautiful! Every single thing is well done there, or just it's the way I saw the Vatican! The shape of the Square of St. Peter stoned me. I wasn't informed, I wanted to be a surprise, and it WAS! 
We had lunch there, a great lunch with a great view. Even if we were on a hurry, we took some time to enjoy the sacred place. 












 The Castel Sant'Angelo is said that it was the tallest building in Rome, at one time. It was build as a mausoleum for the Roman Emperor Hadrian, is was used as a fortress by the popes and now it's a museum. I didn't had the chance to enter, because my trip was so short, but I will return one time to visit all this!




I'll just have to return one time to visit again this city of history, and maybe I'll have a little bit more time to enter on the museums, at the Colosseum, maybe even the Trevi Fountain will have water and the Spanish Steps will be more reachable. But I felt really good on this mini-trip and I recommand Rome! It's the perfect destination! The coffee shops are great and you have to check out te cocktail Baudelaid incontra Hemmingway at Cafe San Lorenzo. We celebrated there Massimiliano's graduation with our beloved friends Simone, Fabio, Alessia, Tiziana and we met new people, Matteo and Pietro. We spend some quality time with quality people!

That's all for today! I hope you enjoy the photos and maybe we will meet sometime in Rome!

Hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment